It’s Monday, again and we’re getting closer to the end of the semester and warmer weather. As many of you may not know, I enrolled myself in a fitness class this semester (worth one credit), bootcamp. I honestly did not know what I was doing, whether I was loosing weight or even if I was building up my endurance until the other day when I noticed a slight change. I can finally do a push-up lol, well I can do a couple now. I can also finally keep up with the rest of the class, and lately I’ve been the first one to complete tasks that our fitness coach has set out for us to do for the 55 minutes we do have in class.
A little late, I probably should have started my 21 days of detox when the class began but better late than never :)
Three weeks ago I started an ALL FRUIT DETOX, where the majority of what I ate was: apples, mangos, grapes, pineapples, plums and so on. I’d end the “eating” day with tilapia or a light serving of chicken breast, baked. Honestly, it wasn’t so bad, but I changed a few things as I went lol. What I got most out of the 21 days of detox was an understanding of how to watch what you eat, I can enjoy fruit as a healthier alternative snack, and that I can choose smaller portions. My day-to-day to do’s have changed as well. Here’s a typical weekday for me, hope this helps someone out in their journey to become a healthier, happier you :)E
Waking Up (is the First Step) :
- Schedule your mornings early. Everyday now I wake up at 9a.m. even if I don’t have class till later on in the day. Get your body adjusted to a set time.
- When you do this, just watch. you’ll start to get in the habit of getting things done early instead of setting them aside for the later hours.
- What I do: Take a minute, pray. I meditate, meaning I become conscious about my day, I map out my day and get my thoughts ready for the day. Its relaxing. I then do all the necessary morning to do’s and then create my to do’s for the day.
Breakfast (IS IMPORTANT):
- (DONT MISS OUT ON THIS) For my detox and beyond lol, I boiled 3 organic eggs every morning and had a slice of wheat toast with it on the side.
- I kept my detox strictly on drinking water, so I’d grab a bottle water, add half teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 2 table spoons of lemon juice to it and shake it! This actually works and energizes you.
- I found that when i start my day with healthier habits, the rest of my day follows :) So either drink water or graba NAKED!
- If you are still hungry, add apples or other fruits to your meal.
It’s the little choices you make that make a big difference:
- After breakfast, I get ready and then walk to class (if time permits)
- It’s the little things you do. Instead of taking the bus, walk. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs. You get the point. The weather is changing, so whats your excuse not to?
- If you get hungry throughout the day, grab an apple. i found out that i actually really enjoy green apples. I eat that when ever I can now.
- Hydrate yourself. When you are hungry, try drinking a bottle of water. Wait a few minutes then eat. It fills you up so you don’t tend to over eat :)
Tips on enjoying your day, even when you’re stuck in class:
- I know it may be difficult to actually pay attention in a class like Physics or Communication Research and Methods. I would know, those are my struggle classes lol. But try to take away one thing from your classes, daily.
- I realized I’m paying for school lol, and although Physics is not something that is beneficial to my major, I still have to complete it with a good grade point. Realizing this i set a goal for myself: Leave each class with a better understanding of something, or leave class learning something new. Just one thing for me, lol. Isn’t that what school is for *rolls eyes*
- Socialize. Be friendly, smile and laugh. Get to know others. Like i stated earlier about my goal to converse with a stranger, you never know what you may learn from talking to someone new.
- Allow your self to have a break, even when you have a lot on your plate. With your morning meditation, revert back to that. Take a moment to assess you daily goal and to relax for a second.
- Write. This is what I enjoy most. Make it a goal to write once a day, even if you have nothing to write about. It sparks creative writing and it helps me silence my racing thoughts :)
Work/ School days over, now what?
- I refer to my original to-do list, try to get the remaining of your things done before you move on. Stuff like, homework, blogging, and other things constitute for my regulars.
- After that, I may chose to go to the gym, depending if I didn’t have bootcamp workouts. When i go to the gym, i do the treadmill run for 10 minutes straight, do some ab workouts and try to get some arm workouts in between with a couple dumbbells.
- My goal was an active 30 minutes total in the gym, everyday except Sunday. Sunday was my chill day lol.
- After, shower and prepare dinner. I cut out eating dinner or anything after 8p.m.
- For dinner I’d make a light serving of tilapia with spinach and drink a glass of water. If I was still hungry, I’d have some fruit. It sounds tough, but honestly what I learned is that it’s all mental. It is unbearable, its just like conditioning the mind.
By this time it’s probably 10p.m.
- After everything is done and i’m free, i enjoy watching a movie on net flicks, writing or reading. I just brought 5 more must reads, i’ll share with you all later :)
- Try getting your body use to a schedule, or routine. It helps with your detox and dieting.
I may have forgotten a few things so i’ll add later if I come up with more tips :) Enjoy a happier, healthier you. Its monday, what other perfect day to start than today :)
Oh, before i forget. My weekly goal for this week is to spend less time on social media and actually enjoy the weather. Cliche, but just by putting my phone on do not disturb for a couple hours, I’m going to try to take more walks without the unnecessary distractions. What’s your weekly goal this week, please share!